Success story

Our company history – GROB AG

History of GROB AG – growing from humble beginnings in 1947.

The first chapter of the GROB AG success story was written in 1947 in the basement of an apartment building. Nowadays, GROB AG has production facilities covering 4,000 m2 and customers in all four corners of the world.

Milestones

2019

Rafael Fellmann takes over as Managing Director of GROB AG.

2018

Focus on working towards Industry 4.0.

2017

New apprentice department in the production hall.

2016

Work carried out according to “5S” throughout the company.

2014

Opening of factory extension (total area: 4,000 m2).

2003

Commissioning of first gear cutting machine with loading robot.

1995

First certification in accordance with ISO 9000.

Commissioning of first gantry loader/robot on the lathe.

1989

Relocation to the new production hall and office buildings. Production area: 2,000 m2 and 29 employees.

1979 / 1980

Philipp Grob and Fritz Grob Jr. join the company.

1947

Foundation of the company “Zahnrad- und Maschinenfabrik Grob” by Hans Grob-Tschopp.